Thursday, Sept. 6
Welcome back to school! From Sept. 4-7 we’re posting links to key legal issues and topics to ensure your academic year is off to a great start.
Day One: Strong journalism is your best defense.
Day Two: Having “The Talk”
Our Day Three links center on the complexities of copyright and other journalism and legal topics the Student Press Law Center is often asked about.
- Who owns the copyright to work created by a student journalist?
- The most common questions we receive about copyright and fair use. Learn the basics.
- Answers to questions about publishing online, reader comments and take-down demands.
- Basic info about privacy laws as they relate to journalism and photojournalism
- Auto-generated copyright infringement notices are a growing concern for student journalists. Besides , here’s what you need to know
Legal Hotline: As always, we’re here if you need help.
Join SPLC for a back to school webinar at noon ET on Wednesday, 9/12