This collection of legal materials is specifically tailored to issues facing student broadcasters and advisers.
- Guide to FCC license renewal requirements -
A guide to keeping up with the FCC's record-keeping requirements.
- SPLC guide to broadcast license challenges -
Frequently asked questions about how the FCC considers whether to approve or block a transfer.
- Guide to music licensing for broadcasting and webcasting -
Students who work at a campus radio or television station, or who stream their shows over the Internet, need to be aware of the licensing schemes available and the steps they must take before they can play a song over the air or online.
- SPLC guide to noncommercial radio underwriting -
Over-the-air educational radio stations are licensed to operate as "noncommercial" broadcasters — but what it means to be "noncommercial" can be confusing. This guide explains what is and isn't acceptable.
- Guide to broadcast press freedom for student journalists -
Although a university may afford its student newspaper virtually unfettered editorial freedom, the same cannot always be said of its student broadcastmedia.